Berlin has reportedly told officials to expel Russian and Belarusian delegates from Victory Day celebrations
Germany is following in the footsteps of its Nazi predecessors by allegedly banning Russian and Belarusian delegates from the 80th World War II Victory anniversary celebrations, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova has said.
On Friday, Berliner Zeitung reported that the German Foreign Ministry has spread classified memos stating that Moscow and Minsk’s delegates will not be invited to this year’s commemorations. The confidential document recommended local institutions expel any Russian or Belarusian representatives from the events, according to the East German newspaper.
“The very fact that the ideological heirs and direct descendants of Hitler’s executioners will ‘expel’ Russians from the Victory Day celebrations already looks like a blatant insult,” Zakharova commented on the article in a statement on Saturday.
“However, even here, [German Foreign Minister Annalena] Baerbock and her Einsatz team are not original, but almost verbatim borrow the experience of their predecessors,” she said.
Nazi Germany’s Einsatzgruppen – its paramilitary death squads, responsible for mass murder during World War II – first expelled civilians to ghettos on an ethnic-national basis, later to be doomed to be moved to death camps, she noted.
Expelling people from events commemorating this year’s Victory Day anniversary based on their nationality “recreates” these “inhumane practices,” the spokeswoman said.
Last year, Bild reported that the German foreign minister’s late grandfather Waldemar Baerbock was an ardent Nazi and decorated officer of the Wehrmacht during the conflict.
My name is Steve Allen and I’m the publisher of ThinkAboutIt.news and ThinkAboutIt.online. Any controversial opinions in these articles are either mine alone or a guest author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the websites where my work is republished. These articles may contain opinions on political matters, but are not intended to promote the candidacy of any particular political candidate. The material contained herein is for general information purposes only. Commenters are solely responsible for their own viewpoints, and those viewpoints do not necessarily represent the viewpoints of Steve Allen or the operators of the websites where my work is republished. Follow me on social media on Facebook and X, and sharing these articles with others is a great help. Thank you, Steve
The strikes in Belgorod Region have also left seven people injured, Vyacheslav Gladkov has said Two people have been killed in a series of Ukrainian drone attacks on the Russian border region of Belgorod, Governor […]
Brewers are asking Brussels to defend them from dramatic new US import taxes, the newspaper has reported A trade group representing EU brewers has warned that a 25% tariff on imports of beer to the […]
The US sees the country’s leadership as “apes with a grenade,” and wants to take over the facilities to offset the risks, Aleksey Arestovich has claimed Ukraine’s military intelligence chief Kirill Budanov proposed blowing up […]
Be the first to comment